Kambia District Development and Rehabilitation Organization (KADDRO), is a registered National Non- Governmental Organization in Sierra Leone. KADDRO is a key local and national player and it has contributed significantly to the empowerment of vulnerable women, children and youths through quality service delivery in the areas of Agriculture and Food Security, WASH and Emergency Relief and Response.
KADDRO was established in 1999, by descendants of the Kambia District in an effort to provide humanitarian support to displaced Sierra Leoneans in the peak of the Brutal Civil War. Since its establishment, KADDRO has been improving the lives of rural residents’ through networking, partnership, coordination and collaboration to maximize mobilization resources in addressing felt needs of Sierra Leoneans. As a community initiative it engages both skilled and unskilled women and youths within the district to be self-reliant.
Our vision is that the poor and vulnerable children, women, and youths have equitable opportunities in a just society.
Our mission is to promote sustainable human capital development of poor and vulnerable women, children and youths through education and household security (social, economic and environmental) for a productive society.
The strides of KADDRO are to achieve the following development objectives as geared towards equitable resources in a Just Society:
- To ensure that households in the poor and vulnerable communities have the capacities and assets needed to provide for the survival and development of children, youths, and women including the disabled even during times of stress and shocks.
- To ensure that children and women from poor and vulnerable communities are protected from abuse, exploitation, neglect and domestic and sexual violence.
- Protect, Preserve, Restore, Enhance and Acquire Natural Areas at Open space.
- Emergency and Disaster Preparedness, Response, and Recovery.
HOW WE OPERATE
KADDRO development intervention is directed to households, groups, communities, organizations, and institutions in both demand and supply side. This we do through collaboration, coordination, partnership, and consortium. KADDRO implement projects based upon identified needs. KADDRO do undertake yearly needs assessment in its operational areas in collaboration with Local Council and relevant Ministries, Department, and Agencies and mobilize resources to address the felt needs.
KADDRO beneficiaries/participants are Poor, Vulnerable, Marginalized and Excluded people in terms of service delivery and other life service opportunities. They are;
OUR CORE VALUES
KADDRO CORE Values are what support our vision, shape the strategies and reflect our work/services. There are;
- Equity and Equality
- Excellence in community service and Empowerment
- Integrity and Dignity
- Transparency and Accountability
- About KADDRO
- Management Team
WHAT WE DO
- Sustainable Livelihoods
- Water Sanitation and Hygiene
- Income Generation & Financial Inclusion
- Advocacy and Lobbying
- Volunteering, Mentorship, and Coaching
101 Kukuna Road,
Kambia, Sierra Leone
+232 76 899 578
connect with us
© Copyright Kambia District Development and Rehabilitation Organisation